If you like/love anything to do with reading and books, you should hop on over to her blog NOW. I don’t know anyone who works full time, gets all her housework done and still manages to read, as much as this girl.
Now that I’ve proudly and shamelessly bragged about my friend, here are the rules for the Liebster Award nomination:
- Thank the one(s) who nominated you
- Answer 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think deserve this award too
- Give them 11 questions to answer
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
Here are Deepthi’s questions and my answers:
Books with a glass of wine or a cup of coffee?
A cup of coffee, any day! I can totally picture myself sitting in a big, cozy couch with a hot cuppa and book, on a typical rainy Bangalore day.
Shelf full of books or Kindle full of books?
Shelf. Always shelf. I don’t even own a Kindle. And I don’t know if I ever will.
Which author would you like to meet in real life?
Honestly, I’m scared of the thought of meeting any author I like. Because I’m so prone to embarrassment, I’ll probably say/do something stupid, and then it’ll all be ruined. No, let me live in the bubble where I have intellectual and funny conversations with authors.
What’s your favourite book genre?
I don’t have a favourite genre when it comes to books. I’ll pick anything that looks interesting to me, especially if it’s got a really quirky title. Or I’ll read based on a recommendation.
What’s your go-to TV show?
Friends! Followed by Gilmore Girls. Followed by Parks and Recreation.
Which TV star would you like to meet in real life?
Simon Baker, because drool. And Amy Poehler, because I want to be a Pawnee Goddess. Actually, maybe just the whole cast of Parks and Rec, because best-show-ever.
(I’m not very good at sticking to one answer, am I?)
Which TV show’s ending would you like to change, and what would the new ending be?
I wouldn’t change the ending, instead I’d not end Parks and Recreation. Or Gilmore Girls.
What type of holiday destination do you prefer the most – beach, mountains or wildlife?
This is like Sophie’s Choice for me. I can’t choose. I’ll be happy wherever I end up on a holiday. I love them all equally!
What’s the most recent holiday destination you visited?
I don’t know if this is a “holiday destination.” But I was in Kolkata, two weeks back, on a holiday.
What do you enjoy most about blogging?
The absolute freedom to share my thoughts and stories.
What’s your word of advice for your past blogging self?
This is for my past and current self: Please. Stop. Slacking.
Okay, next step: 11 Random Facts About Me
- I don’t like eating breakfast.
- That doesn’t mean I don’t love breakfast food.
- I learnt Bharatnatyam in the third grade.
- I now have two left feet.
- I also learnt Carnatic music for a brief period as a child.
- I’m now a car singer.
- I once wanted to be a lawyer and make a lot of money to start an orphanage.
- I have never been camping.
- I wear contact lenses.
- I’m scared of cows, clowns and cockroaches.
- I was once hit by a calf.
Okay, your turn. My nominees for the Liebster Award are:
- Guards Gone Wild
- Not a Terrible Mother
- Take Away Traveler
- The UPbeat Soul
- Ticker Eats the World
- Sweet Sweet Life Living by the Salty Sea
- Mokita Dreams
- Itch to Travel
- A Teaspoon of Zest
- Musings and My Two Cents
My questions for the nominees are:
- If you had to choose, what would it be – budget or luxury travel?
- What’s your biggest fear about travelling?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What is your comfort food?
- Have you ever been to India?
- Describe your blog in one word.
- What do you hate/dislike about blogging?
- What are the top five things on your bucket list?
- Which is the one place in the world you wouldn’t mind visiting again and again?
- What did you want to be growing up?
- Are you what you wanted to be?
I look forward to reading your answers, bloggers. Hope you have fun writing this post!